The safety and wellbeing of our Educational Journey’s travel Groups is our number one priority and underpins the way we plan our trips and how we operate as a commercial business. We understand the importance of protecting the safety and wellbeing of both the students, teachers, and chaperones on each trip, and therefore have developed a robust safety policy and risk assessment process that aims to protect all Group members and their school.
Our safety promise: Educational Journey’s will work diligently to minimise and control risks at all times, ensuring the parents / guardians and educational organisation has confidence in the delivery of educational content through a safe and carefully monitored travel program.
Our risk assessment promise: Every trip will be personalised to the educational needs of the school – the students, and the risk profile as assessed by our experienced travel planners. We plan our trips within the regulatory boundaries of the Australian Government and its guidelines on appropriate risk assessment for educational travel.
When travelling, there are many events that we may not be able to accurately predict, however, our risk mitigation and safety policy means that we can plan and implement appropriate measures to maximise the safety of our Groups.
To maintain safety, and minimise travel-related risks, we:
- Have implemented and monitor a robust Crisis Management Plan (CMP) and Risk Assessment Process (RAP), that is incorporated into the planning process for all groups that travel with Educational Journeys;
- Offer a 24/7 Emergency contact support for journeys in Australia and overseas;
- Have partnered with the world’s leading medical and travel security assistance organisation for expert advice and guidance on preventing travel events. They use in-country intelligence which complements Educational Journey’s CMP and RAP;
- Ask our clients to assume reasonable responsibility for their personal safety by taking sensible precautions and always acting in a safe manner;
- Ask our clients to read and acknowledge their travel agreement to confirm they understand their responsibilities and that of Educational Journeys;
- Encourage our clients to ensure any questions and/or concerns are adequately addressed (to their satisfaction and comfortability) prior to departure.
Per the Australian Government safety and emergency requirements for overseas educational travel/excursions, we:
- Comply with any DFAT travel advice current for the proposed location;
- Subscribe to receive automatic travel advice updates from the Smartraveller website both prior to the travel and when overseas;
- Review our CMP and RAP if there are any changes to the DFAT travel advice. This review will be completed in collaboration with the teachers and school to consider whether there is a need to cancel, recall or alter travel arrangements.
SETO: Educational Journeys is a proud member of The Student Educational Travel Organisation (SETO), which has been established to lead the educational travel sector in areas of governance, advocacy and education. Membership of SETO is a hallmark of competence and integrity for student travel tour operators, and suppliers of products and / or services for Australian schools and student. SETO Certified Members are specialists who work in conjunction with education departments and schools to make the student’s journey, no matter how big or small, a better and safer experience.
Covid Policy: Educational Journeys has completed ATEC’s (Australian Tourism Export Council) COVID Ready Program, which is based upon the Australian Federal Government, National COVID Compliance Commission (NCCC) COVID Safe guidelines. Our COVID Safe Plan and Practices document can be provided upon request. Whilst Educational Journeys will follow government guidelines and recommendations, each program participant is responsible for their own health and wellbeing.