Vietnam’s astounding natural beauty, rich cultural heritage and profound war history make for a truly immersive travel experience. Students will meet war veterans and climb into Viet Cong tunnels as they learn about how the Vietnam War shaped the country, and the role of the Australian troops in it. On our journey from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi, our trip takes in the staggering geology of Halong Bay and the Mekong River Delta, with plenty of opportunity to learn new skills, from cooking to Tai Chi.
- Ho Chi Minh City – Walk through ancient alleys in search of temples, visit French colonial buildings such as the Notre-Dame Cathedral, and reflect on how far this modern city has come since the war. Discover the legendary tunnels which were used masterfully by the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War.
- Vung Tau – Engage in the history and the role of the Australian troop’s involvement in the region during the Vietnam War. Meet a Vietnam War Officer and attend a commemorative service at Long Tan Cross Memorial.
- Mekong Delta – Set sail and experience first-hand the centuries-old traditions and get caught up in the bustle of the Sampan Cai Be floating market.
- Hoi An – Explore this enchanting riverside town that was declared a UNESCO Heritage site in December 1999 with its cobbled streets, lanterns and iconic Japanese Bridge.
- Halong Bay – Capture the beauty of this UNESCO world Heritage site as you weave around beautiful limestone islets onboard a junk boat and explore inside the beautiful caves.
- Hanoi – Discover backstreets of the city during guided tours with highlights including Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Presidential Palace and Loa Prison Museum. Ride on a cycle rickshaw around the ‘36 Streets’ of the Old Quarter.
- Return economy class airfare
- Domestic airfares from Ho Chi Minh to Danang and Danang to Hai Phong
- 8 nights hotel accommodation, 1-night Junket Boat
- 4 nights Ho Chi Minh City, 2 nights Hoi An, 1 night Halong Bay, 2 nights Hanoi
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private coach
- Interactive tours and workshops
- Experiential learning activities
- Escorted by an English-speaking Vietnamese tour guide
Contact us for a detailed inclusions list and itinerary
Cross Curriculum opportunity