The literary world of Britain is brought life on this immersive tour of some of the country’s most beautiful cities and landscapes. From Shakespeare to Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Beatrix Potter and JK Rowling students will learn about the authors themselves and the places which fuelled their inspiration. The trip begins in London, taking in the cities of Oxford and Bath before heading into the wilds of the Lake District before a departure flight from Manchester. With museums, hands on workshops and theatrical performances to enjoy, students will return from this trip with a deeper understanding and appreciation of English literature.
- London – It is among the oldest of the world’s greatest cities with history spanning nearly two millennia – and one of the most vibrant and cosmopolitan. Enjoy a spin on the iconic London Eye, retracing Harry Potter’s steps, watching musicals in the West End and seeing Shakespeare’s plays performed as they would have been in Tudor times.
- Bath – Known for its Roman built baths, this unique city combines a vibrant contemporary culture with a rich history and heritage.
- Stratford Upon Avon – Walk past historic buildings which would have stood during Shakespeare’s time, including his Tudor home on Henley Street.
- Lake District – Literary inspiration abounds in the Lake District (a region steeped in natural beauty, great lakes and rolling countryside), all to be discovered during guided visits to some of the world’s best novelists’ homes and dedicated museums.
- Return economy class airfare
- 11 nights hotel accommodation
- 5 nights London, 2 nights Bath, 1 night Stratford Upon Avon, 3 nights Lake District
- Breakfast daily
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private coach
- Interactive tours and workshops
- Experiential learning activities
- Tours in London, Oxford, Stratford Upon Avon and Lake District with local English-speaking guides
- Optional – Tour Director
Contact us for a detailed inclusions list and itinerary
Cross Curriculum opportunity
Visual arts & media