The history of the First and Second World Wars comes to life on this journey through England and France. From the battlefields of Normandy and Ypres, to the town of Battle where the William the Conqueror changed England’s history forever, the history books are brought into living colour. Sobering visits to military cemeteries and D-Day landing beaches are balanced with cultural explorations in London and Paris, while Australian Allied history is given focus through immersive experiences and guided tours of poignant battles. Our journey begins in London and ends in Paris.
- London – Discover England’s capital, visiting the city’s iconic sights including Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament as well as architecture and buildings which have played an important role in the history of London.
- Caen – Explore some of the most poignant battlefields of the Second World War. Step foot on the D-Day beaches of Omaha and Arromanches and see the Allied portable landing harbour known as Mulberry Harbour.
- Somme Region– Learn the story of Australians on the Western Front and pay our respects to the fallen with visits to memorials and interactive museums.
- Amiens – Discover the 13th century Gothic Cathedral, cobbled streets and floating gardens of a town that has been tastefully rebuilt after WWII.
- Ypres – Walk in the footsteps of those who fought valiantly by visiting many of the great battlefields of Flanders.
- Paris – Explore the cobbled streets of Paris taking in many iconic sights and museums, with interactive workshops in between.
- Return economy class airfare
- 11 nights hotel accommodation
- 2 nights London, 1 night Portsmouth, 2 nights Caen, 1 night Amiens, 3 nights Ypres, 2 nights Paris
- Breakfast daily
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private coach
- Ferry from UK to France
- Interactive Tours and workshops
- Experiential learning activities
- Tours in London, Portsmouth, Caen, Ypres and Paris with local English-speaking guides
- Optional – Tour Director
Contact us for a detailed inclusions list and itinerary
Cross Curriculum opportunity
Visual arts & media