New Zealand’s fascinating geography is the focus of this action-packed tour. Students will experience first-hand the country’s most incredible landscapes, where vast volcanoes, fjords, and great lakes create a picture of an ancient and ever-changing land. We will travel from Auckland’s black sand beaches, to Rotorua’s astounding geothermal displays, before heading to South Island and its grand vistas. Students will cruise through glacier-carved Milford Sound, travel through the dramatic Fiordland National Park, and enjoy a historic steamboat cruise across Lake Wakatipu, before ending their trip in Christchurch.
- Auckland – Discover Auckland city during a panoramic tour, get up close to Mt Eden which erupted 15,000 years ago. Discover the black sand beaches and learn about a rainforest micro-climate.
- Rotorua – This hugely volcanic region is a maze of geothermal displays – from crater lakes to smoking vents, hot springs and bubbling geysers. Delve into the culture of New Zealand’s indigenous people with a visit to Tamaki Maori Village.
- Queenstown – Board the historic steamboat TSS Earnslaw to cruise across the glassy waters of Lake Wakatipu and capture the amazing vistas of snow-capped mountains and grassy banks. Discover the awe-inspiring Milford Sound, a vast glacier-cut fjord and one of New Zealands most famous sights.
- Christchurch – See the scars and subsequent regeneration of a city ravaged by earthquakes in 2011 during guided tours and visits to museums.
- Return economy class airfare
- Domestic airfare from Rotorua to Queenstown
- 8 nights hotel accommodation
- 2 nights Auckland, 2 nights Rotorua, 2 nights Queenstown, 1 night Mount Cook, 1 night Christchurch
- Breakfast daily and 3 x dinners
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private coach
- Interactive tours and workshops
- Experiential learning activities
- Tours in Auckland, Waitomo, Rotorua, Queenstown, Milford Sound, Mount Cook and Christchurch
- Optional – Tour Director
Contact us for a detailed inclusions list and itinerary
Cross Curriculum opportunity
Visual arts & media