New Caledonia makes for the perfect base for students to immerse themselves in the French language. With swaying palms, turquoise seas, a rich cultural heritage, and French-inspired restaurants and boutiques, New Caledonia and its capital of Noumea are like a miniature Paris in the heart of the Pacific Ocean. Students will get the opportunity to enjoy daily language lessons, gaining confidence and fluency as they embark on excursions to Amadee Island, the Tjibaou Cultural Centre and a visit to a local tribe. French influences are infused into the trip, whether it’s learning to cook French pastries or enjoying French cuisine in a traditional bistro. At the end of this experience students will leave with a newfound confidence in the French language, as well as deep understanding both of Pacific and French cultures.
- Language lessons – Designed to improve vocabulary and grammar and build confidence in their spoken French.
- Local High School visit – A fun occasion, where both sets of students can interact, chat to each other, practice their language skills and learn about the differences in the school systems.
- Tjibaou Cultural Center – A fascinating arts centre hidden in woodland and mangroves. The unusual wooden structures which make up the main buildings rise above the canopy, and are home to sculptures, paintings and photographs depicting Kanak culture.
- Amadee Island – Spend the day on the powder white beaches and meet the weird and wonderful marine life during a glass bottom boatride.
- Return economy class airfare
- 8 nights hotel accommodation
- Breakfast daily, 1 x lunch and 1 x dinner
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private coach
- Structured language lessons
- Interactive tours and workshops
- Experiential learning activities
- Guided tours with local guides
Contact us for a detailed inclusions list and itinerary
Cross Curriculum opportunity