There’s simply no better way for young people to get to know a language and culture than through immersion in it. On this extensive trip around Italy’s most exciting highlights, students will be plunged into the local ways, giving them the chance to stretch their Italian language skills at the same time as learning all about the unique character of this truly remarkable country. From the preserved wonder that is the ancient city of Pompeii to the iconic museums of Florence, the “Cradle of the Renaissance,” this trip is an eye-opening, horizon-widening experience for any student with an interest in languages, art or history.
- Sorrento – Discover the beautiful coastal town, a place full of charm and echoes of the past with highlights including the island of Capri.
- Pompeii – Explore one of the greatest archaeological treasures anywhere on the planet.
- Rome – Step back in time during a visit to Italy’s historic capital visiting famous relics from the classical age: the vast Colosseum and the Roman Forum. Enjoy Italian language lessons and be fully enveloped in the language.
- Orvieto – Get an insight into real Italian life during a visit to this hilltop town. Stay at a century’s old family run farmhouse and enjoy private cooking lessons, whilst practicing Italian conversation.
- Siena – Explore the medieval city of Siena and take in sights like the famous shell-shaped town square.
- Florence – Roam around this beautiful Renaissance city, taking in sights such as the dramatic Duomo, and tour some of the world-famous museums, like the Galleria dell’Accademia.
- Pisa – Visit the iconic Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- Venice – Discover the highlights of this city of canals, including St Mark’s Square and the breathtaking St Mark’s Basilica.
- Return economy class airfare
- 12 nights hotel accommodation and 2 nights Agriturismo (farmhouse)
- 3 nights Sorrento, 3 nights Rome, 2 nights Orvieto, 3 nights Florence, 3 nights Venice
- Breakfast daily and 2 x dinners
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private coach
- Return ferry to Capri
- Return train journey from Florence to Pisa
- Train journey from Florence to Venice
- Structured language lessons
- Experiential learning activities
- Tours in Pompeii, Rome, Orvieto, Siena, Florence and Venice with local English-speaking guides
- Optional – Tour Director
Contact us for a detailed inclusions list and itinerary
Cross Curriculum opportunity
Visual arts & media