Unparalleled history, impressive monuments and archaeological sites is yours to discover on this tour of Italy and Sicily. This is tour that will allow students to step back in time and see the sights they have learnt about in History class, through interactive tours and experiential learning activities. Our educational adventure starts on the Mediterranean island of Sicily and crosses some of Italy’s most culture-filled cities, before ending in magical Venice, with four educational and exciting stops in between.
- Catania – Discover Baroque-style Piazza del Duomo, a 13th-century castle and thrilling views of Mount Etna as well as UNESCO-listed ruins and jaw-droppingly beautiful coastlines.
- Ercolano – Experience the sites incredible history with visits to the Archaeological Museum as well as the haunting ruins of Herculaneum, caused by the eruption of Vesuvius in 79AD.
- Sorrento – Discover the beautiful coastal town, a place full of charm and echoes of the past with highlights including the island of Capri.
- Pompeii – Explore one of the greatest archaeological treasures anywhere on the planet.
- Rome – Step back in time during a visit to Italy’s historic capital visiting famous relics from the classical age: the vast Colosseum and the Roman Forum.
- Orvieto – Explore the charming hilltop town, home to the Museum of the Opera del Duomo of Orvieto and discover the Etruscan Underground that dates back around 2,500 years.
- San Gimignano – Discover the myths and legends of ancient San Gimignano.
- Florence – Explore iconic attractions including Florence Cathedral, one of the world’s great Houses of God, which took more than 140 years to build.
- Verona – Stroll around this atmospheric city discovering pretty Piazzas, the impressive Roman Arena and see Romeo and Juliet’s famous balcony.
- Venice – Discover the highlights of this city of canals, including St Mark’s Square and the breathtaking St Mark’s Basilica, as well as the hidden world of the Doges Palace.
- Return economy class airfare
- Domestic airfare from Catania to Naples
- 15 nights hotel accommodation
- 2 nights Catania, 2 nights Sorrento, 3 nights Rome, 2 nights Orvieto, 3 nights Florence, 3 nights Venice
- Breakfast daily
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private coach
- Return ferry to Capri
- Interactive Tours
- Experiential learning activities
- Tours in Pompeii, Rome, Orvieto, Siena, Florence and Venice with local English-speaking guides
- Optional – Tour Director
Contact us for a detailed inclusions list and itinerary
Cross Curriculum opportunity
Visual arts & media