The islands of Bali and Java are steeped in culture, traditions and natural beauty, and they will be the destinations for this language immersion journey to Indonesia. Students will further their studies in the Bahasa language, speaking to local students and artisans as they discover ancient traditions and culture-filled towns. From Sanur on the coral-fringed coast of Bali to lush Ubud in the highlands, they will explore centuries-old temples and UNESCO designated rice terraces. The island of Java presents new adventures, with traditional tea harvesting, Buddhist pilgrimage temples and Balinese cooking classes ensuring students are fully immersed in the culture and language of Indonesia.
- Sanur – Discover this picture-perfect destination, one rich in Balinese culture and traditions. Practice language skills in real-world settings by visiting a local school in addition to formal language lessons. Experience the culture during learning activities including Batik making.
- Ubud – Explore this town, nestled between terraced rice paddies and lush rainforests filled with Hindu temples and royal palaces. Renowned as Bali’s cultural heartland, Ubud is home to galleries, art studios and craft markets.
- Yogyakarta – Discover the traditional Indonesian city which has escaped the influx of tourism seen elsewhere in the country. Indonesian culture and traditions flourish and are exemplified during workshops and visits to Borobudur and Prambanan Temple.
- Return economy class airfare
- Domestic flight from Denpasar to Yogyakarta
- 11 nights hotel accommodation
- 3 nights Sanur, 3 nights Ubud, 5 nights Yogyakarta
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private coach
- Structured language lessons
- Interactive tours and workshops
- Experiential learning activities
- Escorted by an English-speaking Indonesian tour guide
Contact us for a detailed inclusions list and itinerary
Cross Curriculum opportunity
Visual arts & media