Take a trip to the cradle of Western civilization on this tour of Greece. From ancient sites in Athens to natural wonders in Kalambaka, beaches in Spetses to culture in Thessaloniki, there’s an immense amount to experience in this Mediterranean country. Students will see ancient sights they’ve read about in history class and learn about Greek mythology back where it began – all while getting a taste for a culture distinct from their own. Our trip begins in the capital Athens and ends in the port city of Thessaloniki, with four educational and exciting stops in between.
- Athens – Discover one of the world’s oldest cities, where you’ll find remnants of the Greek Empire wherever you go. History lives in awe-inspiring monuments from the Acropolis to the Panathenaic stadium.
- Spetses – Wake to views of whitewashed houses and the sparkling sea on Spetses. Visit the Bouboulina Museum to learn about Laskarina Bouboulina, the naval commander and heroine of the Greek War of Independence.
- Nafplio – Discover what was once the first modern capital of Greece which is lined with stunning Venetian and Ottoman buildings, as well as a castle with gorgeous views over the water.
- Mycenae – Explore the archaeological site with a fortified citadel and the place from which the “Mycenaean” civilization got its name.
- Olympia – Learn about the site of the original Olympics, where the Statue of Zeus – an ancient Wonder of the World once stood.
- Delphi – Follow the Sacred Way in the footsteps of pilgrims who sought the oracle’s advice at this holy sanctuary.
- Kalambaka – Discover Meteora, UNESCO-listed rock formations and clifftop monasteries.
- Thessaloniki – Explore the Mediterranean city that had real significance throughout multiple eras, and has the Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman buildings to prove it.
- Return economy class airfare
- 12 nights hotel accommodation
- 3 nights Athens, 2 nights Spetses, 1 night Olympia, 1 night Delphi, 2 nights Kalambaka, 3 nights Thessaloniki
- Breakfast daily
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private coach
- Return ferry to Spetses
- Interactive tours and workshops
- Experiential learning activities
- Tours in Athens, Spetses, Nafplio, Mycenae, Olympia, Delphi, Kalambaka, Thessaloniki with local English-speaking guides.
- Optional – Tour Director
Contact us for a detailed inclusions list and itinerary
Cross Curriculum opportunity
Economic & business