France’s long artistic heritage is brought to life on this immersive tour of some of the country’s most beautiful towns and iconic cities. From Van Gogh’s Provence to Paris’ Louvre Museum, the landscape unfurls in a swirl of vineyards, olive groves, Renaissance cities and stunning architecture. Students will get the opportunity to improve upon their existing French language foundation, putting it into practice as they immerse themselves in everyday life. From cooking classes, to guided tours, World War I memorials to cruises along the Seine, this is a journey of inspiration and heritage. Our trip will take us from Lyon to Avignon, Montpellier to Toulouse, with many stops in between. We end our trip in France’s tantalizing capital city.
- Lyon – Discover France’s third largest city and one of the oldest in the country, with its rich heritage and modern culture. View iconic sights such as the 2,000 year old Roman Amphithéâtre des Trois Gaules and the UNESCO designated Vieux (Old) Lyon, home to the largest collection of Renaissance buildings in Europe.
- Avignon – Discover the vast, medieval Palais des Papes (Popes’ Palace) as well as the Provence’s rich artistic heritage that inspired artists such as Van Gogh, Cézanne and Picasso throughout history.
- Montpellier – Explore the picturesque medieval city nestled between mountains, vineyards and the nearby Mediterranean Sea. Enjoy French language lessons, to improve fluency, speaking and listening skills.
- Carcassonne – Explore the hilltop town, whose imposing medieval citadel, La Cité, dates back to Roman times.
- Toulouse – Known as the La Ville Rose (The Pink City) thanks to its pink-hued buildings, Toulouse offers Roman basilicas, Renaissance mansions, bustling waterways, and a delightful Vieux Quartier (Old Quarter).
- Villers Bretonneux – Learn the story of Australians on the Western Front and pay our respects to the fallen with visits to memorials and interactive museums.
- Paris – Explore the cobbled streets of Paris taking in many iconic sights and museums, with interactive workshops in between.
- Return economy class airfare
- 14 nights hotel accommodation
- 1 night Lyon, 2 nights Avignon, 4 nights Montpellier, 1 night Carcassonne, 2 nights Toulouse, 4 nights Paris
- Breakfast daily and 1 x lunch
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private coach
- Trains between each city
- Structured language lessons
- Interactive Tours and workshops
- Experiential learning activities
- Tours in Lyon, Avignon, Montpellier, Carcassonne, Toulouse and Paris with local English-speaking guides
- Optional – Tour Director
Contact us for a detailed inclusions list and itinerary
Cross Curriculum opportunity