A packed itinerary will lead students from Paris to Munich as they piece together the stories and battles of the First and Second World Wars. They’ll step foot on the battlefields of the Somme and learn about the Australian soldiers of the Western Front. From Paris and its iconic sights, to Munich and its Nazi history, this is a trip filled with fascination, learning and variety. From river cruises along the Seine to moving guided tours of Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp, this is bound to be a journey of unforgettable experiences.
- Paris – Explore the cobbled streets of Paris taking in many iconic sights and museums, with interactive workshops in between.
- Villers Bretonneux – Learn the story of Australians on the Western Front and become Historians for the day during a hands-on educational program at the Sir John Monash Centre.
- Amiens – Discover the 13th century Gothic Cathedral, cobbled streets and floating gardens of a town that has been tastefully rebuilt after WWII.
- Somme Region – Action-packed days exploring the World War relics of the region.
- Ypres – Walk in the footsteps of those who fought valiantly by visiting many of the great battlefields of Flanders.
- Berlin – Discover a city with tangible, complex and fascinating history with visits to significant sights including Berlin Reichstag building, the Brandenburg Gate and Hitler’s Bunker.
- Leipzig – Explore the Museum of Contemporary History.
- Nuremberg – Discover the city that served as the site of many pre-war Nazi rallies as well as post war, Nuremberg Trails.
- Munich – Unravel the history of the Third Reich and visit Second World War sites associated with Hitler’s rise to power and Nazi ideology.
- Return economy class airfare
- Domestic airfare from Brussels to Berlin
- 12 nights hotel accommodation
- 3 nights Paris, 1 night Amiens, 2 nights Ypres, 3 nights Berlin, 1 nights Nuremberg, 2 nights Munich
- Breakfast daily
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private coach
- Train from Nuremberg to Munich
- Interactive tours and workshops
- Experiential learning activities
- Tours in Paris, Ypres, Berlin, Nuremberg and Munich with local English-speaking guides.
- Optional – Tour Director
Contact us for a detailed inclusions list and itinerary
Cross Curriculum opportunity
Visual arts & media