On this culture-filled trip students will be immersed in the language and history of China as they explore the Great Wall of China, Forbidden City and Army of Terracotta Warriors. Knowledgeable local guides will bring the ancient history of China to life, while allowing students to use their language skills in everyday life. Language lessons will give them confidence as we travel from Beijing to Xi’an, Chengdu – with a day spent caring for cuddly panda bears – and finishing up in bustling Shanghai.
- Beijing – Climb the legendary Great Wall, explore the Forbidden City and enjoy the opportunity to converse with locals during interactive workshops and formal language lessons.
- Xi’an – Discover one of the greatest archeological finds not just in China but the world, the UNESCO listed Terracotta Warriors.
- Chengdu – Explore sights such as ancient Jinli Street, with its labyrinth of alleys, wooden buildings and aromatic eating houses as well as the opportunity to spend the day with Chengdu’s most famous residents, the giant pandas.
- Shanghai – Discover the cosmopolitan city, viewing the city’s iconic skyscrapers, and exploring the world famous Bund.
- Return economy class airfare
- Domestic airfare from Chengdu to Shanghai
- 10 nights hotel accommodation
- 4 nights Beijing, 2 nights Xián, 2 nights Chengdu, 2 nights Shanghai
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private coach
- Bullet train from Beijing to Xi’an and Xi’an to Chengdu
- Structured language lessons
- Interactive tours and workshops
- Experiential learning activities
- Escorted by an English-speaking Chinese tour guide
Contact us for a detailed inclusions list and itinerary
Cross Curriculum opportunity
Economic & business