Tasmania is a wild land, where sprawling landscapes, indigenous culture and an often dark history has given rise to a flourishing art and history scene, where ancient traditions and modern museums exist amongst some of Australia’s most astounding wilderness. On this 8 day tour, students will get to experience a fascinating cross-section of Tasmania’s culture, from visiting the vibrant capital Hobart to gazing across the wild lands of the Tasman Peninsula. They will visit iconic museums such as MONA (Museum of Old and New) and partake in immersive and interactive workshops at institutions such as the Nolan Gallery and School of Art and the NITA Education indigenous centre. They will explore Macquarie Harbour and Port Arthur to learn about their history as some of the first and harshest penal colonies in the country. From quaint artist’s towns to geological marvels, this Tasmania tour is filled with inspiration and intrigue.
- Hobart – Discover Tasmania’s art scene at The Battery Point Sculpture Trail, which winds its way around the historic area, with nine large numerically-themed sculptures each telling a story linked to this areas past.
- Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) – Explore a revolutionary and challenging complex where extraordinary exhibits will fascinate, amaze and even shock.
- Port Arthur – Discover Tasmania’s fascinating convict past.
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery (TMAG) – Explore the diverse and fascinating Tasmanian-themed exhibits ranging from Indigenous Tasmanians to fauna and history.
- Salamanca Markets – Visit the world-famous Salamanca Market where a dazzling selection of locally made arts and crafts make for perfect souvenirs.
- Huon Valley – Discover tranquil Huon Valley, where painters, sculptors, ceramicists, printmakers, woodworkers and other artists have made this area their home.
- The Wall in the Wilderness – Marvel at the Wall in the Wilderness, a truly monumental work of art.
- Strahan – A pretty harbour side village with a fascinating history shaped by convicts and pioneers.
- Return economy class airfare
- 7 nights hotel accommodation
- 6 nights Hobart, 1 night Strahan
- Breakfast daily and 2 x lunches
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private coach
- Interactive tours and workshops
- Experiential learning activities
- Tours in Hobart, Huon Valley and Strahan with local guides
Contact us for a detailed inclusions list and itinerary
Cross Curriculum opportunity