Northern Territory is the destination for this week-long, fully immersive lesson in the geography and aboriginal culture of a region which is steeped in natural abundance and human history. Students will delve deep into some of Australia’s most iconic national parks, with time spent in Darwin, Kakadu, and Litchfield. Bush crafts skills will be sharpened, there will be close encounters with saltwater crocodiles, and days spent in close connection with aboriginal communities. This itinerary will explore how history, geography, science, and society interact in the real world. This tour is an off-grid, boots-on-the-ground experience which will challenge and inspire students and help them see the connections between man and nature.
- Darwin – Discover its long history from its pre-historic Indigenous past to its military history.
- Bark Hut Inn – Explore a historic building between the towns of Jabiru and Darwin, where the region’s rich pioneering history comes to life.
- East Alligator River – Cruise downstream and gain an insight into the local indigenous communities whilst being surrounded by the largest population of salties in the world.
- Ubirr Rock Art sequence – Led by a custodian of the traditional stories. This experience culminates with sunset at Nadab lookout with views of the majestic Arnhem floodplains below.
- Kakadu NP – Our focus will be learning about the Aboriginal people’s culture and art, as well as their close connection to nature, and we do so through hands-on and immersive experiences.
- Gunbalanya (Oenpelli) – Gain an in depth appreciation of past and present life of the indigenous people in their landscape along with an insight into their culture through visits to significant art sites.
- Litchfield NP – Waterfalls, panoramic views and a unique selection of environmental conditions exist – including the famous termite mounds.
- Return economy class airfare
- 1 night Darwin (Hotel), 3 nights Kakadu National Park (Camping), 2 nights Litchfield National Park (Camping)
- Breakfast daily, 6 lunches and 6 x dinners
- Expert local nature and science specialised guide for the entire journey
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private coach
- Interactive tours and workshops
- Experiential learning activities
- Tours in Darwin, Kakadu NP and Litchfield NP with local guides
Contact us for a detailed inclusions list and itinerary
Cross Curriculum opportunity